The Australian Government, through its My Aged Care website, recently introduced a number of changes to home care packages. These changes give consumers greater choice, control and flexibility in the way they receive home care services, and how those services are delivered.
But with so much information available it can be extremely daunting trying to navigate the My Aged Care system to find a home care package to suit your needs. Rest assured, if you need home care services, Southern Plus is here to help.
Call us on 1300 000 161 — we’re here to help
Our Aged Care helpline is a free no obligation service to help you navigate My Aged Care, access a Government funded home care package and live the lifestyle you want in the place you love best, home.
When you call our Aged Care helpline, our friendly experts can:
- Organise to visit you at home or hospital, or talk to you over the phone to explain the My Aged Care process, including helping you understand your letters
- Organise a ‘Wellness Check’ every 24 hours, 7 days a week until you begin your home care services
- Guide you through the changes to government funding for all types of home care packages
- Help you calculate what your Government funding will be and tailor a package to suit your specific needs
- Organise to visit you at home or hospital, or talk to you over the phone to explain the My Aged Care process, including your letters
- Organise a friendly support worker to attend doctor’s appointments with you to help you enter the system and be assessed by the ACAT team
- Help you fill out relevant forms and paperwork, including Centrelink
- Help you get a package activated quickly with My Aged Care
- Provide information and access to our ‘Hospital to Home’ settling service
- Help you access interim home care services while you wait for your My Aged Care funded home care package to start