Confused by recent letters from My Aged Care? We’re here to help!
Confused about Home care? We’re here to help!
The Australian Government, through its My Aged Care website recently introduced a number of changes to home care packages, giving consumers greater choice, control and flexibility in the way they receive home care services, and how those services are delivered. If you are considering getting home care, with so much information out there, it can be extremely daunting trying to navigate the My Aged Care system and get a home care package to suit your needs. Rest assured, if you need home care services, we are here to help.
Getting Home care services for the first time can be daunting
Our dedicated Aged Care Help line is here to help. The Aged Care Helpline is a free service to help you navigate My Aged Care, access a Government funded home care package and live the lifestyle you want.
By calling our Southern Plus Aged Care Helpline, we can help you clear up any confusion.
When you call, our staff will:
- Guide you through the changes to government funding for all types of home care packages
- Help you calculate what your government funding will be and tailor a package to suit you
- Visit you at home or hospital or talk to you over the phone to explain the process and your letters from My Aged Care
- Attend doctor’s appointments with you to help you enter the system and be assessed by the ACAT team
- Help you fill out forms including Centrelink
- Help you get a package activated with My Aged Care
- Provide a ‘Wellness Check’ every 24 hours, 7 days a week until you begin your home care services.
- Provide access to our ‘Hospital to Home’ service
- Help you access home care services while they are waiting on your home care package
If you would like more information about how to access in-home health and wellness services, please contact our Aged Care Helpline on 1300 000 161 and they can help you quickly access the right in-home health and wellness services to suit your care needs.
We can help you move your home care package from another provider to Southern Plus
Finding the right home care provider can be challenging, but fortunately with the new changes coming into effect on 27 February 2017, if you are not happy with your current provider or the people delivering your services, you can now look for another provider who best suits your needs. If you would like more information about our broad range of in-home health and wellness services, please contact our Aged Care Helpline on 1300 000 161.